Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Day-5: Nobody is in the mood to study. Played "Message Received" for some time. :) Then gave them each a sheet with around 20 pairs of decimal numbers written on it and asked them to encircle the larger number in each pair. None could get all answers right! Poonam got only 2 wrong, but she was more surprised than confident about her result! Hence started studying the number line. Asked them to draw number lines in their notebooks and asked them to mark some numbers on it. Swati was unable to decide whether 5.2 is to be marked between 4 and 5 or 5 and 6. Irfan, the 'bhaaii' kid, instantly converted the numbers into rupees and asked Swati the same question... And she understood!! Smart Irfan!
As we were busy explaining some Math to Swati, the know-it-all-kids Mahesh, Poonam and Pooja were constantly giggling about something. I got impatient and a little angry over the constant disturbance and finally told them strictly, “Please go away! I'm not teaching you. I'm here only for Swati.”
While leaving, I found a piece of paper on my bag with a smiley face drawn on it, with “Smile please Didii, we're very very sorry. -Mahesh, Poonam, Pooja.” scribbled on it... Speechless I was! I went to them and said sorry! They taught me patience and love, which I had apparently forgotten that day!
You see, if you're a person who never scolds kids, you'll get sweet surprises when you scold them for the first time!
This piece of paper is my most prized possession now...


No comments:

Post a Comment