Tuesday, July 28, 2026

2/20

Two out of twenty questions that I answer for myself, to keep my brain in check (as if it's possible! ๐Ÿ˜€)-


1) 

Whenever I notice that I really dislike/not love/disagree with/hate/disrespect someone for a long time, I ask myself- If this person starts and continues to do everything properly/accurately/ethically/rightly/nicely, will I start liking him? 


Let's take some examples, of famous political figures, because chances of mass dislike are more there-


If Narendra Modi does good work in every way, consistently, then will I vote for him?

If Arnav Goswami demonstrates great journalism consistently, will I like him?

If Rahul Gandhi does sensible work for the country consistently, will I support him?

If Kunal Kamra does unbiased, respectful, quality jokes consistently, will I like him?




2)

Whenever I notice myself thinking "How can she do this!!!" about someone, I ask myself- Are there any, possibly very rare and specific, circumstances in which I might do the same?


Again, examples-


How can he just push his car through that traffic and create a bigger jam!

How can my lovely friend get so angry that he hurt his wife so badly!

How can that policeman hit that boy so badly! 


Are there any, possibly very rare and specific, circumstances in which I might do the same? No? Sure? 100%? 



Answering these two questions tells me something about the rigidity of my brain and forces me to update my priorities.


No comments:

Post a Comment